Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Welcome to my Food Blog

I absolutely love food and love to talk about, read about, make, eat all kinds of food. I prefer "everyday" recipes for quick dinners and recipes using leftover or staple items to cut down on costs. However, you will find some exotic and unique ingredients in what I post. Introducing new ingredients to your menu is a great way to expand your horizon and expand your nutrient source.

All of these recipes I post will be a modified version of something that is already out there. I preferred blogger.com because most of the owners of these recipes allow recipes to be "shared" via blog. I will try to branch out but most of my recipes will come from my favorite everyday meal makers: Martha Stewart, Cooking Light and Rachel Ray.

This is not just a posting of my favorite recipes. I primarily plan to use what I have made and add a personal touch; either create a healthier version, vegetarian version or a cheaper version. Please note most of my "reduced price" modifications will be accompanied by the wonderful products and prices of the Trader Joes franchise. There are some products that should not be substituted for a cheaper or lighter dish e.g. never cook with entirely fat-free cheese (a combination of fat free and reduced fat is acceptable). I will make specific "do not do" comments for modifications.

I am terribly excited about this opportunity. I hope you all can learn something from my experiments and learn to love and enjoy cooking as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment